Green tea is a popular ingredient in botanical skin care products for good reason.
The active components of green tea are micro-nutrients called polyphenols.
-micronutrients that naturally occur in plants.
-Polyphenols’ antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
-Polyphenols naturally protect plants from the strong, damaging UV rays of the sun.
Green tea (and polyphenols) have a plethora of benefits for the skin, and are a powerhouse of a skincare ingredient through correcting and protecting your skin.
One of green tea’s most notable attributes is polyphenols’ ability to manage and reduce sebum by lowering lipid levels- making it a valuable ingredient for oil and acne prone skin and prevent breakouts.
Green tea extract also has been known to improve moisture retention-making your moisturizer more effective, improving your skin texture, and evening redness.
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties soothe inflammation- such as acne, eczema, and chronic dryness.
- Green tea combats signs of aging such as hyperpigmentation and sunspots, and boost firmness to treat fine lines and wrinkles (making it very popular in anti aging products).
- Green tea also contains caffeine known to reduce puffiness and shrinking blood vessels, improving skin texture and complexion.
Green tea is also known to help protect the skin by:
- neutralizing free radicals via antioxidants
- protect skin from pollutants, UV rays, and other sun damage
Some of Remedy’s products that include green tea are:
You can purchase the travel/trial size of all of our products here, if you'd like to try before you invest in a full size.